Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass Prequel Novellas collection, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas

 The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass Prequel Novellas collection, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas-435 pages

This is a collection of novellas set when Celaena Sardothien was a member of the Assassins under Arobynn Hamel in Rifthold. It's before the events of the Throne of Glass series. However, many of the stories told in these novellas are mentioned or alluded to in some way throughout the Throne of Glass series. Additionally, many of the characters from them are major players later on in the Throne of Glass series. I really enjoyed going back to some of these characters and reading about these stories and events mentioned or alluded to. I especially enjoyed going back to Celaena and reading about her time spent with the Assassins. I really enjoyed the Throne of Glass series and I enjoyed this prequel nearly as much. It really made me appreciate the Throne of Glass series even more than I already did, especially Maas' worldbuilding and character arcs. She is so good at worldbuilding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment