Monday, October 18, 2021

A Christmas in the Alps by Melody Carlson

 

A Christmas in the Alps by Melody Carlson - 169 pages

Simone Winthrop discovers a letter from her French great grandmother, that seems to suggest that she is the heir to a family treasure.  Her best friend encourages Simone to take a trip to France to seek out the treasure.  Despite Simone's fear of flying, she boards a plane and heads towards Paris at Christmas time to uncover the truth.  During her long flight, she meets Kyle, who is also on his way to France.  Although they part ways, they unexpectedly reunite in the French Alps at Simone's family's clock factory.  The hunt for the treasure brings adventure, love, and unexpected discoveries of Simone's family history.

I am a huge fan of Melody Carlson so I was not surprised that I enjoyed this book just like all her others. It was a heartwarming, uplifting story with a happy ending.  Also the book has a lot of French language in it, so it was also surprising to me (and fun)  how much I remembered of my two years of French class.

No comments:

Post a Comment