Saturday, February 8, 2014

Inferno by Dan Brown

Inferno by Dan Brown, 463 pages

I finally found time to read Dan Brown's new book which was released last May.  His previous book before this one was the Lost Symbol released in 2009.  I must say, as much as I anticipated reading this book, I was a little disappointed.  The plot again follows Robert Langdon, Professor at Harvard University and symbologist, on an intense search through famous locations and hidden passageways in Florence, Venice, and Istanbul.  Robert is accompanied on his scavenger hunt by Sienna Brooks.  Their quest begins pretty much at the start of the book.  Dante's Inferno contains the clues to helping Robert and Sienna find a mystery virus that Bertraud Zobrist has set off to kill  the population of the world.  Along with Dr. Elizabeth Sinskey of the World Health Organization, Robert and Sienna must find the virus before it is released into the air. This book was definitely action packed and fast paced, but there was a lot of terminology I did not get.  Though, the book did keep my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment