Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Crown of Destiny by Ashton E Dorow

 

Crown of Destiny  by Ashton E Dorow  370 pages

In the kingdom of Aerilon, ruled by a queen paranoid of losing her throne, keeping your head down and staying silent is the only way to survive. And for Ayleth of the Jusaren Kindred, a quiet, obscure existence tending sheep on her family farm is exactly what she wants. She knows all too well what comes from speaking out against the queen, and dreads doing anything that could endanger those she loves.

But everything changes the day a Master Scholar arrives with a shocking message: the Eternal One has chosen her as the next ruler of Aerilon.

Terrified of her so-called destiny, Ayleth wishes to forget the old man’s prophecy. That is, until a shocking betrayal forces her to flee for her life with the Scholar’s mysterious companion, Kane, as her protector. Thrust into a perilous journey, separated from all she’s ever known, and leaning on a stranger for survival, Ayleth can no longer avoid the decision she must make… Will she keep to the safe and easy path? Or remain obedient to the Eternal One—no matter the cost?

Book 1 in the Crown of Aerilon series, an epic, non-magical fantasy retelling of King David and King Saul.



I do not usually read Fantasy books, but I was in a book club that read this book.  I have to say I am hooked into this series.  This is the retelling of the story of David in the Bible in which the character is a woman.  This author is new to me, she is a Christian author and I actually got to zoom with her at our Book Club meeting. I am not used to reading war scenes or anything that has dragons in it, but when I go to the end I am so upset I have to wait until January for the second book to come out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment