The Thursday Murder Club BK 1 by Richard Osman, 384 pages
Synopsis: In a peaceful retirement village, four unlikely friends meet up once a week to investigate unsolved murders.But when a brutal killing takes place on their very doorstep, the Thursday Murder Club find themselves in the middle of their first live case. Elizabeth, Joyce, Ibrahim and Ron might be pushing eighty but they still have a few tricks up their sleeves.
Can our unorthodox but brilliant gang catch the killer before it's too late
My Thoughts: This book was a cute little novel about retirees solving murders. However, I would not recommend listening to the audiobook, as I struggled to follow along. The chapters were from different character's POV's, the narrator didn't have enough differentiation between voices, and I got lost a lot of the time. Also they have Americanized the audiobook, vs the true novel. All in all if you like cozy murder mysteries, you will enjoy this book. I also recommend watching the Netflix movie that's based on this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment