Saturday, August 29, 2026

 


Page Count: 400

Sunrise on the Reaping by: Suzanne Collins

Synopsis:
Sunrise on the Reaping takes place during the 50th Hunger Games, also known as the Second Quarter Quell, and follows a young Haymitch Abernathy as he is reaped for the Games. As Haymitch is thrown into the brutal world of the Capitol’s entertainment, he is forced to navigate alliances, loss, and the cruelty of the Games. 

Review:
To be honest, I read this book solely because it was about Haymitch. He’s always been one of my favorite characters in The Hunger Games world. After reading this book, I understand more about why Haymitch is the way he is. I would be an alcoholic too, given what happened to him.

What happened to Beetee and Ambert really pissed me off. He did not deserve that. That’s the thing with the Capitol, though: death is entertainment. I loved that the book also gave me a look into other characters, such as Wiress, Mags, and Effie.

No comments:

Post a Comment