Friday, September 27, 2024

Mending with Love: Creative Repairs for Your Favorite Things by Noriko Misumi



Mending with Love: Creative Repairs for Your Favorite Things by Noriko Misumi, 88 pages

I'll be honest: I originally picked up Mending With Love to distract me from buying a darning mushroom.  I enjoy watching repair videos because I find them soothing.  This book had a similar calming effect. 

Part DIY, part memoir, Mending With Love began with a picture of a treasured item (an antique blouse, a hand towel passed down from a grandmother, a favored dress turned nightshirt). The history of the item guided how to restore it.  Misumi's anecdotes reveal more than a talent for mending, but a deep, meditative thoughtfulness that speaks beyond physical things.  What is worth saving and why? To lavish all the time and attention and care such tasks require, it might be a worthwhile venture.  Repaired items can be charming and beautiful and unique. 

... I bought the mushroom.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment