Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Place by Emily Henry

 Happy Place by Emily Henry-385 pages

Harriet is looking forward to going to her Happy Place (which is a cottage on the coast of Maine) and seeing her college friends (Sabrina, Cleo, Parth, and Kimmy). However, she doesn't expect to see her ex-fiance, Wyn. She and Wyn haven't told their friends about their break-up yet and decide to wait until the end of the week when Sabrina and Parth announce that they're getting married while they're all together. Also, the cottage is being sold by Sabrina's father, so this could be their last week together in Maine. As you can imagine, this makes for a very awkward start to the week for Wyn and Harriet. However, so much happens during the week and it's a very emotional ride for all of the friends. Will Wyn and Harriet get back together and can they make each other happy? Will Sabrina and Parth go through with the wedding? Will the friends still be together after this week? This is a really good exploration of what it means to be happy and dealing with depression, pressure, and expectations. I really enjoyed reading this book and I especially like the ending. I didn't know what to expect going into reading this because I don't usually read romance. Emily Henry has been a popular author recently, though, so I thought I'd try out her latest. I am glad that I did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment