Sunday, February 5, 2023

In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

 In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware-308 pages

I am really liking Ruth Ware. In a Dark, Dark Wood (Ware's debut) is the third of her novels that I've read so far and I've liked all of them. Leonora (Nora) Shaw is invited to a hen do (bachelorette weekend) in a glass house in the middle of woods for Clare Cavendish by email. Clare is Nora's former best friend from secondary school. Nora hasn't a clue as to why she's been invited since she hasn't seen Clare in 10 years. She soon finds out why, though, when Clare tells her that she's marrying Nora's ex-boyfriend from 10 years ago, James. Events escalate all the way to someone being murdered. Who killed this person and why? The attendees of the hen do all take the events differently. Nora ends up in hospital struggling to remember exactly how events unfolded and who the murderer was. All who were at the hen do are suspects. I did not expect the ending and I liked how Ware slowly revealed pieces of the puzzle. I am definitely going to read more of Ware's novels. I rate this one 4 out of 5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment