Thursday, August 16, 2018

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts - 352 pages
Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy #1

Iona Sheehan is changing her entire life.  She's just packed up and moved to Ireland to be with her cousins.  Turns out she is one of the three descendants of the Dark Witch.  She's destined to work with her cousins to defeat the ancient evil sorcerer Cabhan.
This the first in Nora Roberts Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy set in Ireland.  Each book will focus on the romance of one of the cousins while telling the story of the defeat of Cabhan.  I tried reading the series when it first came out and ended up not finishing it.  So I decided to try listening to it on audio.  I enjoyed the story more than when I tried to read it.  However, I hated the narrator.  She was too emotive.  It was also annoying that while she tried to use different voices for different characters, two of the characters had the exact same voice.  I'm glad that the other books are narrated by other actors.  Hopefully they will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment