Thursday, April 6, 2017

Redbird Relics: Treasures from the St. Louis Cardinals Museum by Brian Finch

Redbird Relics: Treasures from the St. Louis Cardinals Museum by Brian Finch-144 pages

I am a big St. Louis Cardinals fan, so this was a very interesting, enlightening read. The Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum has many cool artifacts from the entire span of the Cardinals franchise (including items from other teams like the Browns and the Stars). Additionally, I learned a few things that I didn't know about the Cardinals and some of the major figures of the past and present. One thing I learned is that Branch Rickey was manager of the Cardinals before he became GM and the Museum has a 1919 game-worn Branch Rickey uniform from his time as manager. Also, I learned about Frankie Frisch, Jim Bottomley, Chick Hafey, Joe Medwick, and others that I knew very little about before reading this book. As a result of reading this book, I really want to visit the Cardinals Hall of Fame & Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment