Friday, October 21, 2016

Armada by Ernest Cline

Armada by Ernest Cline-349 pages


I enjoyed reading this, though not as much as Ready Player One, although it may be unfair to compare it to Ready Player One since it is really good. As with Ready Player One, I really enjoyed Cline's mentions of and allusions to other sci-fi films, video games, and novels. I also liked his inclusions of many popular/famous scientists and celebrities. Armada is filled with the same witty, readable prose as Ready Player One, but I connected with the plot of Ready Player One more. While I think it would be kind of cool to be thrust into a real-life scenario of one of my favorite video games, it could also be kind of creepy and terrible. Armada is based on a cool, yet freaky premise but I just can't help but compare it to Ready Player One (fair or not) and it falls short.

No comments:

Post a Comment