Friday, August 12, 2016

Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation by Tim Hamilton

Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation (Graphic novel) by Tim Hamilton-149 pages

I read Fahrenheit 451 a few years ago, so when I saw this I decided to read it on a whim. I do enjoy reading graphic novels for a respite from "regular" books sometimes. Fahrenheit 451 is similar to other futuristic political satires like 1984, Brave New World, and others which inspired movies like Gattaca and Equilibrium. The moral is that we have to think for ourselves and be educated. It doesn't mean we all have to get graduate degrees or even undergraduate degrees. It does mean that we should exercise our freedom of choice and never let someone take that away. I took a class in high school in which we read a bunch of this type of books and really enjoyed it and I have liked reading similar books ever since, although I just really enjoy reading period. Reading and imagining and thinking critically is good to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment