Saturday, August 6, 2016

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green-215 pages

I enjoyed reading this book, although it was probably my least favorite of John Green's novels. It's not because I didn't like it, but because I just like Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars, and Looking for Alaska more. It is a lot to compete with. That being said, it is still a good read. I enjoyed Colin Singleton (the protagonist), Hassan (Colin Singleton's best friend), and Lindsey Lee Wells (a secondary protagonist). Colin is a child prodigy who has been in a relationship with 19 Katherines, 18 of which dumped him (he later remembers he dumped 1 of them). He and Hassan decide to take a road trip and and up in Gutshot, Tennessee where they meet Lindsey Lee Wells and her mother Hollis (and other, less important, characters). It forever changes Colin's and Hassan's lives. My favorite part of the novel is the witty, albeit oftentimes unbeknownst to the character who says it, humor, such as using fug as a tribute to Norman Mailer. I would recommend this to anyone who likes John Green. I wanted to read this last month for travel, but did not get around to it, so I decided to read it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment