Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Ideals Guide to American Civil War Places by Julie Shively

The Ideals Guide to American Civil War Places by Julie Shively-272 pages

This was an interesting read. I knew about many of the historic sites and places mentioned, but there were a few new to me, so that made it worth while. I worked for a summer at one of the places mentioned (Shiloh National Military Park in Tennessee) and have visited several others, but I have yet to visit any in the east and I really want to go to Gettysburg, Antietam, and to all the sites in Virginia. I wanted to read this not only because it meets the travel requirement for this month but also because I am somewhat of a Civil War expert/historian and I have visited and want to visit many of the sites detailed in this volume.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment