Monday, July 25, 2016

Japan Ai: A tall girl's adventures in Japan by Aimee Major Steinberger

Japan Ai: A tall girl's adventures in Japan by Aimee Major Steinberger-183pages

I read this because it was recommended as a good read for those wanting to read travel monologue graphic novels. It is a travelogue of the author's trip to Japan with a couple of friends. I enjoyed reading it for the most part, though I am not into some of the things the author is into. I especially enjoyed their adventures to Kyoto and the ancient temples and to the hot springs at Onsen, Japan. Additionally, I thought the explanation of Geisha and Oiran and their place in Japanese society and the difference between them was interesting and informative. I also liked that she got to visit the place she really wanted to visit for a long time and had dedicated a website to them (Volks dolls). Finally, it was interesting to read about her travel mishaps (missing, but later found luggage and taking the wrong train). Overall, I did enjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment