Sunday, June 5, 2016

Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling-309 pages

I had this read to my class in elementary school, which was some 17 years ago, so I found there was much I didn't remember. It starts out a bit slow in the build-up, but it is a page-turner once it gets into the meat of the story. I really enjoyed reading this and wish I had read the series for myself sooner, but am looking forward to reading the series now (and hopefully finishing it this month!). Harry's adventures with Ron and Hermione are many in this first novel and I know they will only have more adventures to come in the next books. It's funny, though, that Ron and Harry become fast friends but are revolted by Hermione at the beginning, but, sometimes, the best relationships happen with people that we don't like at first, perhaps because the people misunderstand each other or get off on the wrong foot, so to speak. Anyway, as I said, I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the series and then watching the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment