Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Memory of Earth by Orson Scott Card

The Memory of Earth by Orson Scott Card -- 352 pages

The Oversoul wasn't built to last this long. For 40 million years, the Oversoul has orbited Harmony, keeping watch over the people and insuring that evil does not get out of hand, keeping humans from making war machines and weapons of mass destruction. But the Oversoul is wearing down. It can tell that its own reasoning is waning, and worse, its power over the human mind is weakening. It needs help, human help, from the people who can still hear from it.

So it was a little slow at times, but definitely interesting. I liked when the feeling is more Sci-fi and less religious. I don't mind that the story is based on Mormonism, just that the worship is to--a computer? I did go on to the next book, but (WARNING!) the book leaves off on a cliff hanger, so I didn't have much choice, did I?

This is book 1 of "The Homecoming" series. I listened to the audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment