Thursday, July 30, 2015

Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee

Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee, 278 pages

I loved this book!!  I tried not to prejudge this book by listening to all the spoilers.  I knew when I heard the manuscript was found that I would want to buy this book.  I am a big fan of To Kill A Mockingbird and was afraid this book would not live up to all the hype.  Although Go Set A Watchman may not be the classic as was To Kill A Mockingbird, it deserves the attention.  I was not disappointed in the story or the characters.  This book focuses on Jean Louise (Scout) and Atticus Finch and how they have been influenced by situations in the south at the very early beginnings of the civil rights movement. Their relationship is just as touching now as it was back when Scout was a child.  I really appreciated how Jean Louise had grown into an intelligent young woman. The flashbacks in the book remind us why we all loved To Kill A Mockingbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment