Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Dangerous by Amanda Quick

Dangerous by Amanda Quick - 352 pages

Prudence Merryweather has the unusual hobby of investigating spectral phenomena.  Sebastian, Earl of Angelstone, has the even more unusual hobby of anonymously investigating crimes for Bow Street.  Now their two hobbies are meeting up in an investigation of a suicide at a country estate where is rumored that a ghost of a young woman is haunting.  Was it a suicide?  Is there really a ghost?  And who is behind the scheme to frame Angelstone's cousin for murder?
I listened to this book on audio.  I am wondering if I had read a condensed version of this book before.  Elements of the story were very, very familiar.  However, there were large portions of the story I had never heard before.  I did enjoy the story.  I would almost consider it more of a mystery than a romance.  The only problem I had is that the last CD was scratched and I was unable to listen to the final five minutes of the book.  As it was mainly the epilogue it wasn't too big of a deal.  I just wish I could have heard it to complete the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment