Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Collector by Nora Roberts

The Collector by Nora Roberts - 483 pages

Lila is a professional housesitter who travels around the world for her job.  Her latest job is back in her home city of New York. She's loving the apartment and the dog she is watching.  Then she spies a woman being murdered in the apartment across the street.  The police believe it is a murder-suicide, but the man's brother Ashton can't accept it.  Now Lila and Ashton are working together to solve the murder.
I really enjoyed this book - which kind of surprised me.  I originally checked it out this past summer but never actually read it as it didn't sound interesting in the least.  However, I was looking for something to read and I decided to go ahead and give this a try.  This book reminded me a lot of Nora Roberts earlier books.  One of the couple is always rich.  There is globe-trotting at some point in the book.  And one of the couple is always hesitant to the relationship a try.  I liked the inclusion of a secondary romance between the best friends in this book.  I did think the ending was a little abrupt but I'm not sure what could have been added.

No comments:

Post a Comment