Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Messenger by Lois Lowry

Messenger by Lois Lowry - 169 pages
The Giver series - book 3

The third book of The Giver series focuses on Matt.  He was the fierce young boy in Gathering Blue who made his way to the other village, a peaceful place guided by Leader (Jonas from The Giver).  Matt is now living in the Village with Seer, the blind father of Kira from Gathering Blue.  He takes messages around town and to the other settlements.  Unfortunately, he now has to take the awful message that the Village is closing its walls and accepting no new citizens.  He also has to lead Kira to Village to live with her father before it is too late.

I enjoyed the audio version of this book.  It was narrated by David Morse and his calm, peaceful voice was perfect.  I didn't remember as much of the story of this book as I thought I would.  It was a lot sadder of a book than I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment