Monday, July 14, 2014

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield, 304 pages

Chris Hadfield is a Canadian astronaut who gained international fame in 2012 when he not only became the first Canadian astronaut to command the International Space Station, but also the first one to go viral.  I'll admit, if it wasn't for all the time I've spent on YouTube, I probably would never have even heard of Col. Hadfield.  He posted videos of him doing stuff in space without gravity...just regular everyday things.  And oh my gosh are they interesting.

But enough about his videos (which are cool, so check them out), this is about his book.  An Astronauts Guide is part biography, part life help, all awesome.  Hadfield shows insight into the intense training it takes to go to space (it's more than that giant centrifuge) both mentally and physically, and offers advice along the way, like preparation for anything by asking what could kill me next or aim to be a zero.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the book.  Chris Hadfield leads an interesting life, and if aliens had shown up within his command of the ISS, I would be honored to have him be the representative for the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment