Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks, 398 pages

The Longest Ride is Nicholas Sparks most recent novel.  I have read all but two of his novels, so I was anxiousl to read this one. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed.  This book took me a while to get into.  Unlike most of his other novels, I was not real interested in the characters in this story and felt it was very slow moving and boring. Usually, in his books, I feel like there is some big twist.  In this novel, I kept waiting for the unexpected, but it never happened.  I thought the whole story was corny.  The book flashes between two couples, Ira and Ruth and Sophie and Luke.  Ira is a ninety year old man who has driven off the road and is trapped in his car in the snow.  While trapped, he sees images of his deceased wife Ruth.  The book bounces back and forth between Ira's life story, and college student Sophie and rodeo star Luke's blossoming romance.  The ending is predictable, if not, corny.

No comments:

Post a Comment