Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Love Overdue by Pamela Morsi

Love Overdue by Pamela Morsi - 427 pages

Librarian DJ has just accepted the job of her dreams - running a library in a small Kansas town.  Hopefully she'll be able to put down some roots, find a "family", and make a difference with the library.  Unfortunately, she soon discovers that her landlord and chair of the library board is the mother of the guy she had a one-night stand with in college.  She's mortified to see him again.  It's made worse by the fact that he doesn't even remember her. 
I saw this book several months ago at the store and wanted to pick it up.  I decided to wait and see if the library got a copy - and they did.  It's not often you find a romance with a librarian as the main character.  I enjoyed the book although the story was a little slow at the start.  I found the characters interesting.  While there were the stereotypical library employees there was also a nice variety of other librarians in the story.  (Just a nitpicky detail - the author calls all library employees "librarians" whether they have a degree or not.  I'm used to that, but I know it bothers some readers.)  I also liked that several of the side characters had their own stories.  It wasn't just a one-dimensional romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment