Saturday, January 11, 2014

I Can Barely Take Care Of Myself: Tales From A Happy Life Without Kids by Jen Kirkman

I Can Barely Take Care Of Myself: Tales From A Happy Life Without Kids by Jen Kirkman, 212 pages

Whenever I am looking for a humorous book, I look up Chelsea Handler's name because usually someone on her staff or someone who has worked for her has written a pretty funny book.  In this case, her name is Jen Kirkman, and she is a stand-up comedian and writes and appears on Chelsea Lately.  Feeling frustrated with my own kids at times and wondering how some women can do it all, like the woman with 19 kids, I had to read Jen's take on not having kids.  I love the way everyone just expects you to have kids once you are married.  Jen has to come up with numerous defenses to why she will never have kids.  I love how people say she will change her mind.  You would think after enough time went by, her friends and family would just mind their own business and respect her choice not to have children.  Maybe those of us with children are just jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment