Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, 352 pages

With the release date of today, this is a must have for every teen/adult collection.  This is not your Disney fairytale with a heroine who has a heart of gold.This story is written exactly how Beauty and the Beast should have been written. All the characters were appealing. I especially loved the clever bantering between Nyx and Ignifex - had me in giggles more often than not. The world building was done well enough to invoke the images of a foreboding castle filled with, magic, mystery and darkened corners. A touch of Greek Mythology, along with other world beliefs made this story blend so smoothly into a fascinating tale. Mystery, romance, revenge, deceit, suspense and terror all rolled into one. This is a must read/buy for everyone. I hope to read more like this. Well done Rosamund Hodge ... I couldn't put the book down once I started reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment