Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Autumn Rose by Abigail Gibbs

Autumn Rose by Abigail Gibbs, 385 pages
(Book 2 in Dark Heroine series)

I think all the built up anticipation for this book over the last year is likely the cause of so much disappointment. The story was well done, but lacked the attraction of the first book in the series. 15 year old seer Autumn Rose is one of the Dark Heroines we read about in the first book. I will admit after meeting her through the eyes of Violet Lee (the main character of the first book), I was intrigued and wanted to learn more about who she was. This book gives us a look into her life (how her grandmother died, what role she plays in the school/Sage/her world) and what part of the prophesy she fills --from her point of view. She is a sage, a duchess no less, who acts as guardian for her public school until the day the Sagean Prince Fallon shows up. Romance, mystery, murder, and secrets follow in the building of the story. The interaction between Prince Fallon and Autumn Rose is not as intense as it was between Voilet Lee and Kaspar... Likely that is because Fallon and Autumn are young teens, but I still think the author could have done more with their story.  I hope the next book in the series is much better than this one. (I had to drag myself through the last 10 chapters). I think I'll hold off on purchasing it until I've borrowed it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment