Sunday, December 15, 2013

Naked Bunyip Dancing by Steven Herrick

Naked Bunyip Dancing by Steven Herrick, 201 pages

A very funny book written in prose from the viewpoints of the students and teachers. I laughed my way through almost every last one of the pages in this book. I could picture the students grilling the substitute teacher on Mr. Carey's "bug." I could imagine a trip to the sewage treatment plant and how they arrived at that. The play was fantastic and purely imaginable. From after school sports, to the classroom, to the home to various meeting spots, this book covers just about every aspect of the students' lives in a fun and imaginative way. It's the perfect glimpse into each life. Some of the poems were sad, like one particular student's whose parents were divorcing or the few on the War, but for the most part, laughter kept me turning the pages to read more. An excellent read that everyone should take the time to enjoy. I'm glad this book was recommended to me because I don't think I would have picked it up otherwise... and I would have really missed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment