Friday, August 24, 2012

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - 215 pages

I decided to re-read this classic children's book when I started hearing the title mentioned at least once a day.  It is the 50th anniversary of the book's publication and it is getting a lot of notice again.  It was interesting to see how my perspective of the book has changed from when I read it as a kid.  When I read it before I always identified with Meg's character.  However, this time as I was reading it I found myself getting more and more annoyed with her and her blaming everything on her father.  I just wanted to say "Grow up!".  Even with this change, I still enjoyed reading the book and I think I will re-read the entire series as I don't really remember the other books very much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment