Thursday, October 3, 2024

A Rover's Story by Jasmine Warga

 

A Rover's Story  by Jasmine Warga  294 Pages

Built to explore Mars, Resilience begins to develop human-like feelings as he learns from the NASA scientists who assembled him. As he blasts off and explores Mars, Resilience must overcome different obstacles as he explores the red planet.


This is an award nominee for Mark Twain Nominees.  I am not a huge fan of Science Fiction, but this was cute.  I don't know why they had to have someone die of cancer, but the Rover was a cute story.  I like that it was told from the Rover's point of view. This book reminded me of Wall-E the way the Rover had human feelings.  I don't know if children aged 8-11 would enjoy this story or not.  It doesn't seem that it would be popular, but I could be wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment