Tuesday, August 27, 2024

 

 

Food To Die For - by Amy Bruni

288 Pages


This was a fascinating read. Not only is it a cookbook but also has history of the inspiration for each recipe. 

I found myself just reading the history and hauntings of each building and leafing over the recipes. There were a few legends in there like The Stanley Hotel. The one that inspired Stephen King's The Shining when he stayed there. Lizzie Bordons B&B, which I learned she never lived in after she axed her family. She resided at a home in Maplecroft, allegedly you can communicate and feel her spirit more there. Hermann-Grima House in New Orleans, in October they close up the house and put it in "mourning mode" so you can experience what it would have been like for a service back when. Of which other spirits have been known to come out and experience it with the living. I found myself captivated by each place.

The recipes in it are definitely more on the interesting side. Mostly due to reading all these gorry details and then it's like make "Skillet CornBread". Some made sense with the location, such as the Old Absinthe House in New Orleans which then gave you a recipe for an Absinthe Frappe. 

I have yet to test out any of the recipes, but I did save a few I plan on attempting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment