Wednesday, July 24, 2024

New Picture Books

Bird Is Dead by Tiny Fisscher - 32 pages
Several birds find their companion dead and deal with what that means.
I thought this was a great book to explain death, grief, and the funeral process to children.

Flamingos Are Pretty Funky by Abi Cushman - 32 pages
A book all about flamingos with comments from the flamingos themselves.
This book was both very informative and also a lot of fun.  The "comments" by the flamingos were hilarious.

Metal Baby by Stephen W. Martin - 32 pages
The Mumfords are a quiet couple who enjoy quiet activities.  However, their new baby is a Metal Baby who loves to ROCK all night long.
This book was pretty funny.  I think it's the illustrations however that really makes the book.

Do I Have to Go to the Party? by Jonathan Fenske - 32 pages
Puffer fish is nervous to go the party.  He's afraid he'll do something wrong and puff up in embaressment. 
Another great book from Jonathan Fenske in his comic book style format.  I love the twist that the puffer fish is the one thing to make the party perfect.

The Yellow Bus by Loren Long - 32 pages
The story of a bus throughout time.
This kind of reminded me of "The Little House" cartoon I loved as a kid.  The bus just wants to be used and filled with happy passengers.  I love how it keeps finding new uses and purposes to make it happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment