Thursday, April 11, 2024

Gone Fishing, Tamera Will Wissinger

 


Gone Fishing, Tamera Will Wissinger | 128 Pages

Hip-hip, hooray!

It's fishing day.

Yo-ho, yippee!

Just Dad and me....

My door sign's swishing:

I've GONE FISHING.

Super cute poems. Calling it a "novel" is a bit generous - a sequential collection of poems is more accurate.

Sam is excited to go fishing with his dad. They collect worms and prep the gear for their guy's day out, but in the morning, little sister Lucy talks her way into coming along. Wissinger uses several types of poems to tell the story of their day - acrostics, couplets, quatrains, free verse, etc. The only thing missing is a sonnet, LOL! I appreciate the "tacklebox" at the back which explains several poetry forms and tools.

I enjoyed this and I think it would be a great collection for any kid, especially one who is reluctant or thinks poetry has nothing to do with their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment