Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers

 (Lord Peter Wimsey #1)

212 pages / 5 hrs, 51 mins

"The stark naked body was lying in the tub. Not unusual for a proper bath, but highly irregular for murder -- especially with a pair of gold pince-nez deliberately perched before the sightless eyes. What's more, the face appeared to have been shaved after death. The police assumed that the victim was a prominent financier, but Lord Peter Wimsey, who dabbled in mystery detection as a hobby, knew better. In this, his first murder case, Lord Peter untangles the ghastly mystery of the corpse in the bath."  --from the publisher

This book was first published in 1923. I saw it on a list of "bests," so I gave it a try. I found it interesting and engaging. The reader of the audiobook is very good, but was hard to hear at times. I think I would have enjoyed it better by reading it in print. I gave it four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment