Monday, November 20, 2023

Iron Flame (The Empyrean #2) by Rebecca Yarros

 Iron Flame (The Empyrean #2) by Rebecca Yarros-623 pages

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I've been eagerly awaiting this sequel to Fourth Wing since I finished it. Fourth Wing is my favorite book I read this year (so far). Iron Flame picks up right where Fourth Wing ended and keeps the action going constantly. So much happens in Iron Flame and there are definitely some jaw-dropping moments. Violet is as much of a bad ass as ever. The relationship between Violet and Xaden is a bit infuriating, frustrating at times, especially Violet taking so long to admit her feelings for Xaden. The stakes continue to get ever higher throughout the book. The ending is just as much of a cliffhanger as Fourth Wing's and it's emotionally wracking. I was thinking no, no, no, it can't end like that!! I'm already anticipating the next book (there are supposedly going to be five total) and I hope it doesn't have such an emotional ending. This series is soooooo good thus far, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment