Sunday, October 15, 2023

Holly (Holly Gibney #3) by Stephen King

 Holly (Holly Gibney #3) by Stephen King-449 pages                                           
⭐⭐⭐⭐✰

Holly Gibney gets a voice mail from the mother of a missing daughter and so begins a harrowing case. Bonnie Rae Dahl has been missing for a few weeks and her mother, Penny, doesn't believe that she ran away like the police say. Holly agrees to take on the case and slowly begins to realize that there have been other, possibly connected, disappearances on the same road as Bonnie. Will Holly solve the case and is Bonnie alive or dead? This one is Stephen King at his creepy best. There are some downright creepy scenes in this one. I can think of one in particular that creeped me out the most. I felt some Hannibal Lecter and Criminal Minds (the TV show) vibes while reading it. I enjoy reading horror/thriller books. I would rate this 4 out of 5 stars. I was able to comprehend everything going on without having read the previous books that included Holly Gibney as a character.


No comments:

Post a Comment