Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Fourth Wing (Empyrean, #1) by Rebecca Yarros

 Fourth Wing (Empyrean, #1) by Rebecca Yarros-500 pages

I really enjoy fantasy, especially Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses) and Christopher Paolini (Inheritance Series), so I've been eager to read this one. I want to know why this book has become so popular. I really like the character development and story. Violet Sorrengail is the youngest daughter (and child) of General Sorrengail of Navarre (her mother). She has a condition that causes her bones, muscles, and joints to break easily. I really like Violet's character. She's a strong, snarky woman protagonist and reminds me a bit of Celaena Sardothien/Aelin Galathynius from Throne of Glass and Feyre Archeron from ACOTAR. This book is full of twists and turns and there's a twist at the end that has me on the edge of my seat for the next book. I would put this on the same level as Maas' series. This is my favorite book of the year so far. I can't overstate how much I enjoyed reading this book. I am eagerly anticipating the sequel that will release in November. I give this 5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment