Friday, August 18, 2023

Arlene Sardine by Chris Raschka

Arlene Sardine by Chris Raschka - 32 pages

Arlene is a fish who wants to become a sardine.  This is the story of her accomplishing her dream.

I read this picture book years ago when it was first published and ordered for our collection.  I found it absolutely hilarious and it has always stuck in my mind.  I mentioned it several months ago to the Teen Book Club and the teens became obsessed with the description of the book and wanted me to try to find a copy.  It took a while but I finally got a copy through Evergreen and I shared it with the teens at last night's meeting.  They absolutely loved the book and couldn't stop laughing throughout it.

I definitely recommend this book.  It works as an informational book about sardines, an animal story, a story about accomplishing your dreams, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment