Friday, June 9, 2023

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

 The Princess Bride by William Goldman-414 pages

The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies and I've seen it several times. I've been wanting to read the book for a while and have extra motivation because we're reading it for our Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book to Movie Club. The book has a somewhat more serious tone than the movie. The movie is mostly silly fun. I would say that I still like the movie just a bit more than the book. I really enjoyed the book, though, and would give it 4 out of 5 stars. There is a sort of sequel/epilogue in this edition of the book, also, called Buttercup's Baby. I didn't like it as much as the main story, however. It's much more meandering than the rest of the Princess Bride. I really did enjoy finally reading the book after having seen the movie several times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment