Monday, April 10, 2023

Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Deibler Rose

 224 pages, 11 hrs, 11 mins

"This is the true story of a young American missionary woman's courage and triumph of faith in the jungles of New Guinea and her four years in a notorious Japanese prison camp. Never to see her husband again, she was forced to sign a confession to a crime she did not commit and face the executioner's sword, only to be miraculously spared." --from the publisher

This was chosen for me by a book club, and I'm glad it was. It is a tremendous story of perseverance, courage, and faith by a young woman in her early 20's. I cannot recommend the audiobook, but I highly recommend this story. Even if you don't share her faith and decide to skim through and read the highlights, it will be well worth your time. I'm not even sure how she knew all the tips to survival--amazing. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment