Thursday, February 14, 2019

In Pieces by Sally Field

In Pieces by Sally Field
416 pages

"In this intimate, haunting literary memoir and New York Times Notable Book of the year, an American icon tells her own story for the first time--about a challenging and lonely childhood, the craft that helped her find her voice, and a powerful emotional legacy that shaped her journey as a daughter and a mother."   --from the publisher

First, I'm a big fan!  I was able to attend her presentation and book signing last year, and arrived early enough to sit in the second row.  She is as attractive and personable in real life as you might imagine.  Even when the interviewer hijacked the conversation she was patient and accommodating.  Someone from the audience finally yelled, "Let Sally talk!" and things improved from there.

The book is definitely a memoir and I think it was cathartic for her.  She spends a lot of time talking about emotions, relationships, and insights into her psyche.  I liked it, but would have enjoyed hearing more about the highlights of her life.  I gave it 3 out of 5 stars, but will treasure my signed copy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment