Monday, January 22, 2018

The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell

The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell - 373 pages

Once there was Magic, and the Magic lived in the dark forests.
Until the warriors came . . .

Xar is a Wizard boy who has no Magic and would do anything to get it.

Wish is a Warrior princess who owns a forbidden magical object and will do anything to hide it.

When stars collide, Xar and Wish will meet.  They must forget their differences if they are to save not only themselves but both their worlds from the returning evil Magic that has been sleeping for hundreds of years.


This is the first book in Cressida Cowell's new series.  (She previously wrote the extremely popular How to Train Your Dragon series.)  I found that enjoyed this more than her Dragon series, however, it still took quite a while to get into the story.  Once I did though I didn't want to stop.  I listened to this on audio as it was narrated by one of my favorite actors - David Tennant.  He did a wonderful job narrating the book.  I would definitely recommend listening to the audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment