Friday, November 17, 2017

Leprechaun in Late Winter by Mary Pope Osborne

Leprechaun in Late Winter by Mary Pope Osborne-111 pages

Jack and Annie are taken back to Ireland in 1862 to inspire Miss Augusta (who later becomes Lady Gregory) to learn the Old Language (Irish Gaelic) and write Irish stories and folklore. I really enjoyed reading this because I have long had an affinity for Ireland and Irish (I want to visit someday and I have already been to Scotland and I enjoy watching The Quiet Man, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, and reading other stories of Ireland). The only small, wee issue I have is that some of the Irish characters use Aye instead of yes and, to my knowledge, Irish don't say Aye. Scottish use the word Aye in place of yes sometimes, but not Irish. Overall, though, I really enjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment