Tuesday, October 24, 2017

One Perfect Lie by Lisa Scottoline

One Perfect Lie - Lisa Scottoline - 351 pages



This was my first read of a Lisa Scottoline novel. I really wanted to say that I loved the book after reading so many great reviews.  However, I found myself disappointed.  The first half of the book moved pretty rapidly, engaging me as a reader.  The characters seemed interesting and I was drawn into the book.  Approximately halfway through, the plot seemed to slow down tremendously and at times was difficult to follow with the immense number of characters.  I found myself having to re-read sections because my mind would wander.  As the story begins, Chris Brennan is applying for a teaching/coaching position with an area high school.  He looks perfect on paper; however looks can be deceiving.  You are quickly introduced to the other main characters:  Susan Sematov and her son Raz, Heather Larkin and her son Justin, Mindy Kostis and her son Evan; as well as faculty members Courtney Wheeler and Mr. Y.  In order to share more of the plot, I would have to put in some spoilers, which I don’t want to do, in case any of you would like to read it.  I’m going to try another Lisa Scottoline read in the near future.  I’ll let you know the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment