Thursday, June 29, 2017

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas - 232 pages

Mark Nolan is trying his best to take care of his orphaned niece after his sister dies.  It's difficult, especially since she's been mute since her mother died, but he's been getting by with the help of his brother.  But now, Holly has written a letter to Santa asking for a mother.  Mark eyes toy shop owner Maggie as a possibility but she's not ready to love again after her husband died.  Will the three of them become a family?

This is the first romance by Lisa Kleypas set in modern times that I have read.  I usually read her historical romances.  It's the first in a series about the Nolan brothers.  I also realized as I was reading it that I've watched a Hallmark movie based on the book a few years ago.  It was interesting enough that I'll read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment