Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - 309 pages

I recently saw the first Harry Potter movie at the symphany with the orchestra and choir doing the soundtrack along with the viewing.  It was amazing!  This inspired me to re-read the first book as I haven't read it in about seven years.  I decided to listen to it on audio as I love the narrator Jim Dale who read the book.  It was a great listen.  I loved Jim Dale's voices for the different characters -- although I was surprised by how much I identify the characters by their movie actor voices.  You can definitely tell the first book is a children's book.  The writing style and plotting are definitely for children.  I think I might listen to the rest of the series on audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment