Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Anne Frank: The Anne Frank house authorized graphic biography by Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon

Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House authorized graphic biography by Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon-148 pages



I know about Anne Frank and her diary, but have yet to actually read it, so when I saw this I decided to read it. It was humanizing, heartbreaking, and informative. I am glad that I decided to read it because now I understand much more about Anne Frank and her family and the others who hid with them in the Secret Annex. Anne was only 15 and mere weeks from liberation when she and her sister died at Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. It's heartbreaking to think of Otto and losing his wife and daughters so close to the end. Reading this made me feel sorrow and anger for the victims of the Holocaust. So many were murdered and died at the hands of the Nazi Party because they viewed them as inferior and nothing. Countless atrocities were committed by the Nazis against many people, not just Jews. We need to be careful not to let something like this happen again (although atrocities are happening on a smaller scale all across the world today).

No comments:

Post a Comment