Monday, July 4, 2016

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (original U.K. edition)-607 pages

I am so relieved to have finally finished the series. It took a month, but I have done it. I was really happy with the ending. Yes, good characters died, but that happens in war. The first half or so of the book is pretty dark and gloomy, but the ending is great and I really like the epilogue. I think the ending is very fitting and I am satisfied with all the answers given about Dumbledore's and Riddle's/Voldemort's past. I also like Harry's decision not to keep the Elder Wand, but to lay it back at rest in Dumbledore's tomb. I could go on and on about things I like about this final chapter in the Harry Potter story, but suffice to say I am very satisfied with the ending (and with having finished the series)! Harry, Hermione, and Ron travel around looking for the remaining horcruxes, which is why I have tagged it travel for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment