Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster

Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster - 219 pages

Jerusha Abbott has grown up in the John Greer Orphan Asylum.  She's about to graduate high school and have to make her way in the world when an anonymous trustee decides to send her to college.  The only stipulation is that she must write monthly letters on her academic progress.  Other than the first chapter, the entire story is told through letters.

I had read this book as a teen and absolutely loved it so when I found out we had a copy of it on audio I decided to listen to it again.  I still really enjoyed the story.  The narration was excellent.  The narrator put so much emotion into the reading without over-emoting.  I would recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Little Women or the Anne of Green Gables series.

No comments:

Post a Comment